Hong Kong at night

Friday, May 1, 2009

During my time in Hong Kong, many of my friends introduced me to the legacy of Japanese reality shows. There are some really funny videos out there! I have seen at least a hundred Japanese videos, of pranks, stunts, and challenges on reality tv shows. I thought I would post two of these videos so people can see what Japanese humor is like. It's interesting how one of the videos, about a Japanese man learning English, is so funny to the Japanese men in the video. I think this says a lot about the culture, as Japanese believe that they are learning English well and are very prideful about their accomplishments. They can laugh at the man learning English, though they probably were the same way when they were learning the language. The second video is a reality tv show in Japan. I think it is interesting to see the kinds of challenges that Japanese participate in. The audience loves the challenges and I do, too! I also included a video of a man cooking Japanese food in front of the customers, as this happens very often in Asian cultures. The video presents the type of food Japanese eat and how they cook these foods. I think it's interesting to see what they eat, especially since food is such a major component of culture.

Japanese man learning english
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNCsVts-G_4&feature=related

The men in the classroom are not supposed to laugh at the man speaking English, or they lose the game.

Japanese reality tv show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JPTYwDYphQ

The men have to get through the shapes.

Japanese food at a restaurant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC02oB9Ep0c&feature=related

The chief prepares food for his customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Utah!

Utah!